Sunday 17 February 2019

Keya Chinese Seasoning

This is one of my favorite seasoning when it comes to Indo-Chinese cooking. It is very difficult to get the authentic taste for an Indo Chinese food that matches with the Indian Chinese restaurants here. The reason being - there are few must have ingredients for Chinese cooking which if we skip, will not give us that authentic flavor and taste. It is at times very difficult for me to get hold of celery,chives etc. That s when this product comes in handy for me. So I add a tbsp of this seasoning to my Indo Chinese cooking and the the outcome is really super and authentic. This is definitely one of my favorite in the kitchen.


Ingredients

This is a coarse mixture that also contains Chinese herbs.As you can see, they have used dehydrated garlic,onions,soy,chives,celery and ginger apart from other ingredients. You can add a tbsp of this while sauteing in oil so that it blends beautifully with the dish and the aroma is absorbed. This can also be added to soups, sauces and chilli chutneys and it will enhance the taste brilliantly.


DISCLAIMER:

One other important thing which I would like to highlight is the HVP- Hydrolyzed vegetable Protein. This is a taste enhancer much similar to MSG -Mono soda glutamate. I was concerned about the health facts associated with HVP and how different and healthy is it from MSG. I did understand that it is again another from of HVP. So , I suggest that use this very rarely and limit its usage to only Indo- Chinese cooking and not as a daily food routine. In case you are preparing for kids and you are skeptical about using this, you can very well skip it. I use it very occasionally. One bottle lasts me for about 2-2.5 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment