Sunday 29 March 2015

Tawa Top Paneer Tikka

This is a very special dish and very close to my heart.This was the first recipe I made for my husband and indeed gained all his appreciation.His most favorite dish among all is paneer tikka.My family says that this remains my signature dish till date.Well,I am really not an expert and all.As long as people love our dish and enjoy it.. All of us are super Chefs :)!!!! I have made this in a very simple way using non-stick tawa. I have also managed to click some pictures for better understanding.Do try out this and let me know ::)!!!






Yields: 12 small tikkas

Ingredients:

  1. Panneer/Cottage Cheese-200 gms *I used milk mist panneer
  2. Capsicum/Bell Pepper-1 (large size Green,Red or Yellow)
  3. Tomato-2 (medium sized)
  4. Onion-2(medium sized)

Marinade Ingredients

  1. Fresh Thick yogurt-1.5 cups
  2. Besan/Gram flour-1/4 cup
  3. Butter-2 tbsp
  4. Turmeric - 1.5 tsp
  5. Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp
  6. Coriander Powde/Dhaniya - 2 tsp
  7. Pani Puri Masala/ Chat Masala Powder - 2 tsp *Secret Ingredient*
  8. Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
  9. Garam Masala-2 tsp
  10. Kasuri Methi/dry fenugreek leaves - 2 tsp (Crushed)
  11. Lemon extract/juice-2 tsp
  12. Oil-2 tsp
  13. salt to taste


Method

1. Cut the paneer into cubes as shown in the picture.Also, cut the capsicum,tomato and onion into medium sizes for skewing.

2. Roast the gram flour in butter until you get a nice nutty flavor on a medium flame.

3. Mix the roasted gram flour with all other ingredients mentioned under marinade into a smooth batter.

4. Coat the 
paneer and veggies with the prepared marinade.Keep it aside for 1/2 hour.

5. Heat oil in a non stick pan and place these marinated 
paneer and veggies on a medium flame.

6. Once they are fried on one side, flip them carefully and fry the other sides until they become nice golden brown.

7. Remove them from tawa/pan and skew it in a tooth pick.

8. Serve the 
paneer tikka hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce.



Notes,Tips & Add-On's

Pani Puri powder is the secret ingredient that I use when I make paneer tikka. This gives a unique street food flavor that tastes magical.Alternatively, you can use a tsp of chat masala powder in the marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment