Sunday 1 March 2015

Restaurant Series #1

How did the restaurant series come into existence???


Well,we have a dining table in our house which was used as a multi purpose table, for keeping pen stand,books etc.It was used for all other purposes except dining :P.I had received a dinner set as my wedding gift which was sleeping in the loft.My best buddy had gifted me dining mats from US as one of my wedding gifts. Only then an idea struck me,why not make use of these and host a dinner in restaurant style.This was the first restaurant style dinner launched by Griha Bhojanam. I had cooked soup,starter,main course and dessert in order to treat my sister-in-law and family at restaurant standards.The most special thing was I baked walnut brownie for dessert and it turned out so well!! I was very happy that I was able to accomplish this successfully with my husband helping me with setting up the table and lights.My mom in law lent her share of help in cleaning etc.Treating your family and friends with your cooking at your own home is indeed a great pleasure,happiness and great satisfaction. :) 

You can achieve this with simple utensils that are available at your home and yet bring about a great atmosphere and restaurant feel.Not necessary that you have to buy specially. 

Clean up your loft and you might find something interesting which has been sleeping for years. Make use of them to host your dinner or lunch at restaurant standards at your own home. :):)

Menu

  1. Cream of French Onion 
  2. Baby Corn 65
  3. Phulka
  4. Bhindi Do Pyaaz
  5. Veg. Pulao
  6. Walnut Brownie with Ice Cream



No comments:

Post a Comment